Saturday, July 19, 2008

Donation tax deduction (Donating books to charities)

Donating books to charities.

There are many social service agencies that are run nationwide as well as on a state and local level. Some of the services are for profit and others are non-profit organizations. The majority of them get government support to provide services in addition to fund raising events and fees for services.

Most agencies limit their fees so that they are accessible to everyone that needs the services. The general public thinks of food, rent money or cash grants when they hear about social services, but there are many other programs that are available to help people. There are services related to physical as well as mental health care. The other social service is donating
books to charities.

Many of the large non-profit organizations have enough connections to keep their organizations going. Most are governed by a board of directors made up of business people, physicians, and lawyers as well as government officials. This multi-disciplinary type board usually lends itself to creative ways of funding raising or meeting a particular
need for clients. One program in our area has a donating books to charities.

I
declared a social work major at the end of my sophomore year. I had taken summer semester classes so I was able to do my field experience during the fall semester. My advisor asked me the donating books to charities. I thought I was least comfortable working with. I told him that I have spent time with elderly, mentally disabled and physically handicapped, but I was least comfortable around charities.

He challenged me to find a field experience in which I would be dealing with charity in need. He wanted me to experience working in an area where I was challenging my comfort level as well as finding out if I had the skills necessary to work with books and reading in need. I took his advice and interviewed to volunteer at a residential about the donating books to charities. I was allowed to volunteer at the facility. I could not believe the backgrounds of the children I was working with. I knew that there was child can't read and writing. They need a book !! I realized for the first time in my life what a privileged childhood I had experienced. So we start to help our community by donating books to charities.

Seriously consider donating books to charities to a charitable organization which can help our life and other people who really need it.
Donating books to charities.

0 comments:

Tips of reading (Donating books to charities)


Provide your child with a reading role model when you read to them and let them see you reading. Children naturally want to emulate their parents. Reading to them gives them a positive activity to copy.

Reading to your child contributes to their general knowledge of the world, knowledge that will help them when they start studying history, geography, science, social studies and mathematics, among other things.

Reading creates empathy toward other people, which is a valuable trait in learners. The best learners are those who can recognize themselves in others, no matter how different. They generalize knowledge more widely and often can make those intuitive leaps that are vital to learning new things.

By donating books to charity especially to Children is one of the beneficial to the community.

Share with the world

AddThis Feed Button Top Academics blogs blog search directory Small Business Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory Directory of Books Blogs Blog Directory - photarium blogarama - the blog directory